4th Edition of National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition (NBEC) announced
- by Team ABLE - 10 Sep, 2020
Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms (C-CAMP) organizes National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition (NBEC), a nationwide competition to attract, identify, and nurture bio-entrepreneurs working on novel and scalable business ideas with significant societal impact. Applicants compete for attractive cash prizes and investment opportunities.
First Launched in 2017, NBEC has emerged as a flagship platform for bio-entrepreneurs and innovators in India to showcase their deep science driven ideas and has created a great impact. It has brought to the forefront 25 exceptionally promising young entrepreneurs as winners who have grabbed the attention of investors, were featured in national and global media, and went on to win many other accolades.
Due to the adversities associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, this year NBEC 2020 would be going online. “We have seen a heart-warming response from Partners this year too. Our partners from the last 3 continue to support our efforts, for which we are deeply grateful and we are delighted to welcome our new Partners who also believe in our vision,” said Dr. Taslimarif Saiyed, CEO and Director of C-CAMP. “While all rounds and the Grand Finale would be virtual this year, we do expect the same enthusiasm from all our participants as we have seen for the past three years,” he added.
The National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition (NBEC) 2020 is inviting path breaking, revolutionary, and scalable business ideas in the life sciences domain spanning:
· Agri & Allied, including conventional plant breeding, tissue culture and micro-propagation, molecular breeding or marker assisted selection, genetic engineering and GM crops, molecular diagnostic Tools, soil Health and Digital Agricutlture; Animal Health including diagnostics, therapeutics, nutrition, and other sub-domains related to veterinary applications and other related sub-domains
· Healthcare, including Diagnostics, Drug Discovery & Development of vaccines, therapeutics, biologics and plant based therapeutics. CRO/CMO/CRAMS. Maternal & Child Health (MCH),
· AMR - including Tb/Malaria, Covid-19, Rare and Neglected Diseases & other Infectious Diseases
· Digital Health, including AI & ML, imaging, wearables, healthcare IT and other related sub domains
· Medical Devices
· Environment including Clean and renewable energy, biofuels, clean air, and other related sub-domains. Water & Sanitation including water treatment, solid waste treatment, and other related sub-domains
· Industrial Biotechnology, including enzymes, fermentation based products for non-pharma purposes, bioplastics, and other related sub-domains. Food & Nutraceuticals, including dietary supplements, and other related sub-domains
· Personal Care products with emphasis on Green & Sustainable Technology, Synthetic Biology, Green Chemistry, Green Formulations, Reducing Carbon Footprint etc.
Applications for NBEC can be submitted at https://nationalbioentrepreneurship.in/login
The application for BIRAC – C-CAMP’s National Bio Entrepreneurship Competition 2020 was opened on 07 September 2020. The last date to file Applications is 07 October 2020, 06:00 PM